With tuff deadlines at work (corporate lifestyles), we generally depend on the binge eating and junk foods which in turn makes you lose track on your weight and health. Being obese or overweight will definitely make the people feel depressed and less confident.
However, there are many ways like from fad diets to pills used to shrink your extra pounds but do you think they are really worth to try for your healthy weight loss? Following these instant weight loss programs, fad diets and slimming therapies will make you lose weight but after stopping these things, you regain your weight along with some health problems.
So, to achieve a healthy weight loss, you have to follow a healthy nutritional diet and burn your calories with some physical exercises. Well, here we will talk about an amazing natural ingredient called bee pollen that widely used for weight loss.
Do you know that bee pollen contains all the essential nutrients required by the body to thrive? Bees collect pollen from plant anthers that are mixed with a small dose of secretion from salivary glands. The color of this pollen will range from bright yellow to black.
Bee Pollen for Weight Loss:
Bee pollen is a wonderful ingredient that has the rich content of proteins, minerals, vitamins, lipids, enzymes, bioflavonoids, fatty acids, amino acids, carotenoids, etc. which are essential for a human body. It contains antibacterial, antimicrobial, antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties that help to stimulate the immune system, lowers your bad cholesterol levels, and reduce the inflammation naturally.
Is Bee Pollen Really Effective in Weight Loss?
- Bee pollen helps in the recovery of energy metabolism and muscle protein from the food and prevents malnutrition to keep your fit and healthy.
- It regulates your hormones and acts as a metabolism booster with its rich content of amino acids that increase your metabolism and thereby dissolve the fat cells in the body.
- Even people with poor eating habits will also nourish their body with its enormous amount of all essential nutrients.
- It acts as an appetite suppressant that makes you feel full for a longer time and thereby reduces the intake of calories. It also absorbs the fat quickly from the dietary fat.
- The lecithin content in bee pollen helps to burn the calories and convert the sugar and carbohydrates into fats and thereby natural energy rather than as fat deposition in the body.
- It has a rich source of fiber that helps you feel full and thereby assist you in your weight loss efforts. It helps to relieve you from constipation, diarrhea and clears other intestinal problems to clear toxins and other impurities from the body.
How to Use Bee Pollen for Weight Loss:
Here we are mentioning you some methods of using bee pollen for losing your weight naturally without any side effects. Let’s get started.
Method – 1: (Bee Pollen)
The intake of bee pollen as a part of your diet will help to increase hemoglobin, RBC and lengthen your life span. It curbs your appetite and increases the nutritional level by grabbing the nutrients from the food.
Here are few ways of including bee pollen in your diet for weight loss.
- Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of bee pollen granules (or grains) over your breakfast cereal or toast or baked foods or popcorn or yogurt and consume it regularly to enhance your immunity and to burn your excess calories.
- Pour 1 teaspoon of bee pollen in your favorite drink like green tea, coffee or juice or energy drink and stir well. Drink it regularly to increase your metabolic rate and to burn the fat deposits.
- Simply swallow 1 teaspoon of bee pollen grains in every morning with an empty stomach until you achieve the desired goal of weight loss.
- Consume 1/2 – 1 teaspoon of bee pollen powder for 20 – 30 minutes before breakfast regularly but be sure that not to take it with hot beverages (as heat may degrade some of its healing properties). Slowly increase the quantity by up to 1 teaspoon to 1 tablespoon on regular basis.
- Pollen grains have detoxifying properties. Mix 2 – 3 pollen grains in warm water and leave it for 2 – 3 hours to release their nutritional value. Drink this liquid or add it to your smoothie. You can also replace warm water with milk, fruit or vegetable juices.
Method – 2: (Ground Pollen)
The common way to use this pollen is to ground it and mix it with foods but make sure to use freshly ground bee pollen for best results.
Here are few ways of using ground pollen granules for weight loss.
- Mix equal quantities of ground pollen with honey or cottage cheese in a bowl. Stir well to make a fine solution and consume it regularly to cut down your excess calories. If you’re suffering from allergies, stress, nutritional deficiency, illness or inflammation then take 1 teaspoon of this mix for thrice a day.
- Stir 1 part of ground pollen with 4 parts of yogurt to make a mixed pollen solution and you have to consume it throughout the day to reduce the cholesterol levels and to speed up your metabolism.
- You can add this freshly ground bee pollen to your smoothies (or) simply sprinkle them over your salad before consuming.
Method – 3: (Bee Pollen with Lemon and Cinnamon)
Both lemon and cinnamon will flush out the toxins from the body and enhance proper functioning of vital organs. This combination is very effective in burning the calories and fat in the body.
- Squeeze 3 lemons freshly to extract the juice in a bowl.
- In that juice, add 1 teaspoon of bee pollen granules and a little of honey, cinnamon and cayenne pepper.
- Stir well and drink this mix in the place of lunch to flush out the toxins and to increase your rate of metabolism.
- Continue the intake of this mix regularly to get rid of overweight or obesity.
Note: Or stir 1 teaspoon of pollen grains, 1 egg, and 1 tablespoon of honey in 1 cup of orange juice. Drink this mix in the every morning with an empty stomach to reduce your over weight.
Method – 5: (Bee Pollen Drink with Lemon Juice and Flax seeds)
Lemon contains polyphenols and alkalizes the body to prevent the storage of fat and thus helps in losing your excess weight. Flaxseeds increase your metabolism, reduce inflammation and suppress your appetite to control your weight.
- Place 1 peeled banana, 2 prunes, 1 tablespoon each of honey and ground flax seeds, 1 teaspoon of ground bee pollen and 1/2 teaspoon each of orange and lemon juice in a blender.
- Blend all these ingredients for few minutes until smooth.
- Transfer the mix into a serving glass and drink this mix as your meal.
- Regular intake of this drink will shed your extra pounds and help you to reach your desired weight loss goal.
Method – 6: (Pollen Ice Cream Float)
Usage of bee pollen will make you enjoy ice cream without any gain in your weight if it is prepared in this below-mentioned way.
- Pour 2 cups of fresh peaches (or any fruit), 1/4 cup of honey and 2 cups of milk in a blender.
- Blend all these ingredients and pour it in an ice cream bowl.
- Then blend 2 cups of milk, 1 teaspoon of bee pollen, 1/2 teaspoon of almond extract and 4 cups of vanilla ice cream.
- Then pour this mix into the ice cream bowl and add some fresh fruits in it.
- Eat this ice cream to reduce your weight but make sure that you have to consume this ice cream occasionally, not regularly.
How much Bee Pollen for Weight Loss?
You can take bee pollen in the form of liquid, grains or capsules. Here is the recommended daily dosage of bee pollen to reduce your weight.
- If you’re taking bee pollen in liquid form then the dosage will be 1/4 teaspoon for once a day and you can increase the quantity up to 1 teaspoon for 2 – 3 times daily.
- In tablets or pills form, the dosage will be 2 capsules of 450 – 550 mg for 3 – 4 times per day.
- In bee pollen grain/granules form, the dosage will be 1 tablespoon about 30 minutes before meals to make you fill up and balance the blood sugar levels.
- Topical application of creams and salves containing bee pollen should be used as per the instructions that are given by your doctor.
Bee Pollen Pill or Supplements for Weight Loss:
Many manufacturers make bee pollen supplements or pills that help for weight loss but be sure to check with your doctor before taking these pills. Also, remember to take these pills or supplements with water to make the pollen well absorbed into the blood stream and work effectively.
By chance, if you missed a dose then avoid taking the double dosage. You just leave that dose and continue its usage from the next day or else it may result in some serious health issues.
Tips and Precautions:
- Always make sure to buy bee pollen from a local beekeeper or reputable company which you can trust the quality. Also, bee pollen should be free from pesticides and the colonies are not treated with any chemicals.
- In these days, we can easily find these bee pollen granules in most of the farmers’ market and health food stores.
- It’s safe to take bee pollen by mouth for a period of 30 – 60 days, depending on the dose.
- Some people may experience swelling, light – headedness, shortness of breath, fatigue, skin allergies, coughing, wheezing, asthma attacks or itching after consuming bee pollen supplements, it means you’re allergic to pollen. Then discontinue its use and consult your doctor.
- Children and pregnant woman should avoid using this bee pollen, as it may stimulate the uterus and threaten the pregnancy.
- Drink plenty of water, consume a healthy diet and do regular exercises while taking this bee pollen to get quick and best weight loss results.
- For storage of this bee pollen, you can keep it in refrigerator or freezer to preserve its nutritional values and to extend its shelf life.